Ashok Leyland launches its all new E-comet STAR in the ICV Category
By Pinkerala News Desk | Oct 12, 2021
11th October 2021, Chennai: Ashok Leyland, the flagship Company of the Hinduja Group and India’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, today launched the ecomet STAR, upgraded with additional features, in the Intermediate Commercial Vehicle (ICV) segment. The ecomet STAR will cater 11T to 16T GVW ICV segment. It comes with new stylish looks to meet the new age customer expectations. The ecomet STAR provides higher fluid efficiency, better tire life, longer service intervals, and overall lower maintenance cost with enhanced Turnaround Time (TAT). Thereby resulting in best-in-class Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) for the fleet owners.The ecomet platform supports multiple applications such as E-Commerce, parcel & courier, agri-perishable, poultry, white goods, FMCG, auto parts, and reefer, among others.
Mr. Sanjay Saraswat, President - MHCV, Ashok Leyland, said, “We have launched the ecomet BSVI in the ICV segment last year with i-GEN6 technology and this has been very well received by our customers. The ICV segment is seeing a spurt in demand due to the opening of the economy. To meet the evolving customer needs, we continue to expand our product portfolio. The ecomet STAR is a differentiated product that reduces the Turnaround Time for the logistics sector and has features that improve driver safety. The ecomet STAR delivers a better Turnaround Time (TAT) for the fleet owner thereby resulting in best-in-class Total Cost of Ownership (TCO). This new product will further strengthen our portfolio and help us in our journey to achieve our vision of being among the Top 10 Commercial Vehicle manufacturers globally.”
Key features and advantages for comet STAR Range:
- ecomet STAR is available in 11T, 12T,14T, and 16T GVW haulage segment and 5 & 6 cum tipper segment.
- ecomet STAR is available from 12ft to 24ft in CBC, FSD, DSD, and HSD load body options.
- Powered by i-Gen6 technology 150 HP engine delivering 450 Nm Torque – for best in the class fluid economy.
- 6 Speed overdrive gearbox and optimized gear ratios options to suit all haulage and tipper applications.
- Heavy-duty rear axle, suspension, frame, and other aggregates offering higher durability.
- Complete front metal facia gives lower maintenance and ease of repair.
- The new powerful round headlamp gives better night-driving visibility.
- ecomet STAR comes with spacious day and sleeper cabins offering excellent driver comfort and safety
- It comes bundled with digital solutions like i-Alert (advanced telematics) and remote diagnostics.
- The product is offered with a 4 Yrs. /4 Lacs Km warranty.
- Customers have 3000+ touchpoints for ease of access to sales and aftersales support, all supported by 24x7 customer assistance Uptime Solution Centre and extensive Service Mandi network.
For further information/media queries, contact:
Rajesh Mani, Head - Marketing and Corporate Communications
Rajesh.Mani@ashokleyland.com | Mobile: +91 9500022922
Meenakshi Anand, Divisional Manager – Corporate Communication
Meenakshi.firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile: +91 7823957700
Adfactors PR | AshokLeyland@adfactorspr.com | Mobile: +91 9960255829
By Pinkerala | Oct 26, 2021CSB Bank Financial Results for the Quarter
By Pinkerala | Oct 26, 2021TVS Motor Company to partner with Bahwan International Group to strengthen its presence in Iraq
By Pinkerala | Oct 26, 2021SpiceJet strengthens its domestic network with 28 new flights
By Pinkerala | Oct 26, 2021