On your mark, get set and win at the Popular Rally 2017.
Brace yourselves for the most anticipated rally of the year!
Popular Rally 2017, hosted by Popular Vehicles and Services Pvt. Ltd. (PVS), in association with Southern Adventures and Motorsports (SAM), is scheduled to begin on May 13, 2017 at Marine Drive, Kochi and will conclude on May 14, 2017 at the same location. The ceremonial flag off of the rally will take place at 4.30 pm on May 13 at Marine Drive.
Apart from the glorious FMSCI Cup, the event will also feature different competitive categories. These include upto-2000 cc, Gypsy, Esteem and Open categories. The rally will also witness the participation of some of the best drivers from different parts of the world, namely - National Car Rally Champions Karna Kadur and Nikhil Pai of Team Yokohama, Saneem Sani, the current championship leader in the front-wheel-drive class at the UAE Rally Championship, Adith K C, the winner of the 2014 FMSCI Cup Champion and Prem Kumar, the current champion of the Raid de Himalaya Rally 2016- T2 category. The organisers have also announced a total sum of Rs. 6 lakh as the prize money.
The total distance that will be covered during the rally would be approximately 300 kilometres. This includes ‘Special stages’ or driving on closed road, which is spread across a distance of more than 80 kilometres. These stages would be taking place on 100 percent tarmac surfaces along various plantation estates in Malayatoor and Kalady, situated in Ernakulam district.
A carnival organised along with rally, called the Popular Fest, will also begin at 10.30 am on May 13, 2017. The fest will witness a competition among music bands, called Battle of the Bands. A panel of eminent musicians will be the judges for the event. Bands that bag the first, second and third places will be awarded cash prizes and the first place awardees will also be given a free recording session at BlueTimbre, Bengaluru.
Apart from Popular Vehicles, the title sponsor, Mobil and Axalta Coating Systems are the Associate Sponsors. Other major sponsors of the event include National Insurance, New India Assurance, and IndusInd Bank & Glass Polish.
So what are you waiting for? Be part of the fun and frolic!
- c0c0n 2017 – Security and Hacking Conference to be held on 17, 18 and 19th Aug. 2017
- Dhanam Business excellence award 2017 has been published
- Service your gadgets at doorstep!
- 'World's lightest phone' Elari NanoPhone C launched in India
- An exclusive tech fest for Robotics- “Robotsavam 2017” at Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham
- Smash your workout at Title Boxing Club, Kochi
- Kayakers getting ready for Malabar river festival
- New Skoda Octavia launched in India
- KCYM –Result from a wise initiative of Little Flower Church, Elamkulam.
- Urgent openings for waiters and hosters (M/F) at Atlanta Cafe and Restaurant